• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collecting from a state charter school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ACS

Texas

I am trying to collect money from a business that provides a State Charter School as well as a R.E. School. It is owned/operated by two individuals.

My lien time-frame ends on May 31. The building owner has told the tenant if a lien was placed on his building he will evict her.

She is begging me not to lien the property, "The State School nor our R.E. School have the money now". She explained, "Until we get more income from our bake sales and enrollements I just can't pay".

It's going to be a tough job getting my money without having this lien for leverage, but really hard if the property owner evicts her!! Could there be any leverage through the State of Texas I could use?

Maybe she is hoping I will lose my lien rights so she can negotiate her balance.

Anyone have thoughts on this particular situtation I am in?

Thanks
ACS

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">