• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collection account "paid"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mobbdeep

Arizona

Hello,

I received an email from Experian regarding my credit account and it shows that an account that was in collections was paid at a $0 balance. I have not paid anything towards the debt in months and I just received this email. Taking a look at my Experian account, it shows "ACCOUNT PAID - Well done! Your account is reported as paid with a zero balance. This activity may positively impact your Credit Score."

The question I have is, does this mean another creditor has bought my debt collection account and will soon harass me or what exactly does this mean? If that's the case, do I have the right to dispute the debt since it's being handed off to another creditor or potentially sold?

Regards

quincy

Arizona

Hello,

I received an email from Experian regarding my credit account and it shows that an account that was in collections was paid at a $0 balance. I have not paid anything towards the debt in months and I just received this email. Taking a look at my Experian account, it shows "ACCOUNT PAID - Well done! Your account is reported as paid with a zero balance. This activity may positively impact your Credit Score."

The question I have is, does this mean another creditor has bought my debt collection account and will soon harass me or what exactly does this mean? If that's the case, do I have the right to dispute the debt since it's being handed off to another creditor or potentially sold?

Regards
You can contact Experian to find out what the email and the notation on your account means.

I don't know why you would want to dispute a paid account.

You cannot prevent a creditor from selling a debt to a debt collection agency.

adjusterjack

The question I have is, does this mean another creditor has bought my debt collection account and will soon harass me or what exactly does this mean?
Yes, it's quite possible that it's been sold and it might take a month or two for the new creditor to appear on your credit reports and start "dunning" you for payment. "Dunning" is not harassment. Look it up.

If that's the case, do I have the right to dispute the debt since it's being handed off to another creditor or potentially sold?
There's nothing to dispute.

Let sleeping dogs lie, for the time being.

If something bad comes, you won't be able to prevent it, you'll just have to handle it when it happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">