• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

collection agency wanting ss# and birth date?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justnotsure

What is the name of your state? WV
bigun or ladynred you both gave me some very good advice on my previous question about validation of debt.
So far noone has been able to validate. So I now have another question I am hoping you can help me with. One collection agency sent a computer generated bill to show validation and I in turn sent them a letter stating that was not validation and now they sent a letter back wanting my ss# and birthdate. I would have assumed they would have had that information from the original creditor? Am I wrong about this? It has been over 30 days and I have asked them for a 2nd time to send me validation or either stop billing me and remove it from my credit history.
Should I send the information or is there a better way I can get this matter closed? I dont feel real comfortable sending them this.
They sure had it when the put this on my credit report I don't understand why they say they need it now?
Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:

bigun

No way on earth would I send them that info. Prehaps send a stronger worded valadation letter. Also, have you checked your credit reports to see if they have marked the accounts as being in dispute? If not, you have them on an FDCPA violation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">