• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collection Agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


New member
I live in Coos Bay, Oregon, My question is WE received a bill form a collection agency from Eugene Or. I am not disputing that he owes it, I am his mate, but we are not married, I called the collection agency on his behalf, to ask them if he could settle the amount without the interest, and time to check his Ins. to see if they paid it first, Then I received the bills in my name not his, Can the change the name, and keep the same account number on a bill, I called them immediately, I told them they could not change the name and charge it to me, she said Yes they can are you kidding me? I told them that I am not responsible for the bill. Then she told me to throw it away BULL I want to prove to her its illegal.
Last edited:


Senior Member
its Not illegal to make a mistake. If they continue to bill you after you have disputed the bill in writing then you have rights under the fdcpa.
Sponsored Ad