• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collection and Contracts??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

familyzoo

What is the name of your state? OHIO

Is there anyone here that knows or practices law that can read over a contract and tell me if I messed the whole thing up or if everything is enforceable, etc.? We live in Ohio. My husband and I sold our business in Dec. due to my heartattack and other extreme medical problems I have, and we also gave the guy a 12,000.00 loan to help him get what he needed to start up his new business even though we had an established business, we have a contract with payment schedule and amounts as a part of the contract. We also have a few things in there that the buyer hasn't followed such as he was supposed to have utilities turned on in his name within 5 business days and he didn't do that for 2 months, which left his bills in OUR name, he also has sold equipment that in the contract states he can NOT sell until the loan and the business is totally paid off, this along with a couple other things he hasn't bothered to follow. Right now I am still owed money since June 15, not to mention it is now almost Sept. and I have gotten NO MONEY at all for July or August payments. We even talked to the guy and asked that he make an attempt at some smaller amount weekly to try to catch up, but he claims he isn't making any money and has decided not to pay us. Yesterday However, my kids bring home a paper that says he is giving a benefit for a family in Sept. the family I know because I grew up with the guy that passed away, this man owned his own business and the family has TONS of family and friends to help them. And yes I am sure his family can use the money too, however we have NO FAMILY, and I have a neg. hundreds of dollars bank balance, can't pay my mortgage, or land taxes, and have an appt. to sign up for food stamps so we can eat and some sort of financial help because I am not receiving our payments from our business sale or loan agreement! Husband and I have NEVER used public assistance before, husband worked at his previous company for 15 yrs. and the job before that for 10 yrs. we have ALWAYS supported ourselves and not needed assistance......husband and I have both been looking for jobs especially when this guy started NOT making payments to us however we have NOT found jobs and hubby is now trying temp agencies just so we have an income that was supposed to be one of the reasons we sold the shop, for an income! I am not supposed to work at all due to my health, but we need money to support our family, our savings is totally gone now and this guy is NOT paying us for the loan we gave him or for the business he bought from us......if anyone can read over the contract for me and give me some advice I would REALLY appreciate it!! I don't have ANY money to hire an attorney unless I know for sure that I didn't mess up the contract and that it will support us if we go to court, I used part of a contract from an attorney and parts from a legal pc program, etc.........I don't know what else to do, I have 3 kids and NO MONEY, and both hubby and I have tried talking to the guy as well as trying to find work to support us since the guy decided not to pay us any money, yet this guy is able to hold some fund raising benefit with games, ponies, prizes, etc. and donate the money to another family and NOT pay us, this doesn't make sense.....HELP PLEASE ANYONE????!!!!I don't know how much more my health can take with all this stress and worry over my own family's well being, etc...... :confused:

JETX

familyzoo said:
Is there anyone here that knows or practices law that can read over a contract and tell me if I messed the whole thing up or if everything is enforceable, etc.?
Sorry, but it is not the purpose or intent of this forum to provide specific legal services. We are a general legal advice forum. I suggest you take your documents to a local attorney who can review them and advise accordingly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">