• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collection Call on Mortgage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2angels4me

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma
In the past 6 months I took a job with a lower pay job because of the hours and my husband went back to work after the company he worked for went out of business. Our house payment has always been on time and and it has never been past 30 late since we purchased it 6 years ago. Our payments are due on the 1st and its usaully around the 20th when we can make it right now, but it still never 30 days late.
The account manager for our account calls my work daily, home before 8am at sometimes and my cell phone. He tell's me we are just making a habit of this and something needs to be done because this account is always past 10 days late. But it is never over 30 days late.
Boy, I would like give them the house if they keep up this attitude, but I don't want a foreclosure on my credit report. My question is, what is the law on a mortgage? Do we have 30 days or 10 days? These is nothing in our note about this. I have asked for a change in payment dates and even a forbearance on a payment and he told me that their company does not allow such a thing.

JETX

This is purely a contract issue and there is NO statutory 'grace period'. Simply, if the payment is ONE day late.... it is late and the creditor can start taking action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">