• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

collections question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sexyindebt

What is the name of your state? Idaho.

Hi, I'm new here, I hope to get some advise. I have been in debt with Dell computer for over five months they sent my file to a collection agency called primary financial services l.l.c. At the beginning I didn't send them any money because I didn't have a job. Finally I got one and we set up payments of $100.00 a month. Then two months later I had to close my bank account because I didn't have enough money for them to withdraw the hundred and that would cause me an overdraft that can get pretty expensive and i'd end up owing more money to the bank! so, they got upset with me and said that I wasn't responsible enough to pay blah,blah,blah I mean these people were extremely rude to me, I apologized and said that I was still going to pay my debt no matter what and they put me on the phone with a manager who started acting very sarcastic with me and said that he was going to sue me and take me to court and that he was going to put on my file that i refused to pay the debt($1,300)I told him to give me two months and he rudely said that he didn't believe me and that he was sending the paperwork now. I didn't get the chance to tell him anything else, i am aware of my debt and intent to pay it within the next two months for sure. I'm scared of them taking me to court and all that, he even said that i would have to pay for their representative's trip-ticket and all this other stuff, he was just rude. Can they do all this to me? do I have any rights whatsoever when it comes to being sued by a collections agency? I mean I asked to him give me two months and he'd be paid off, he laughted and refused! please tell me what can i do or Am i out of luck?

S

sexyindebt

sexyindebt said:
What is the name of your state? I'm in Idaho. Collection agency is in Phoenix, AZ

Hi, I'm new here, I hope to get some advise. I have been in debt with Dell computer for over five months they sent my file to a collection agency called primary financial services l.l.c. At the beginning I didn't send them any money because I didn't have a job. Finally I got one and we set up payments of $100.00 a month. Then two months later I had to close my bank account because I didn't have enough money for them to withdraw the hundred and that would cause me an overdraft that can get pretty expensive and i'd end up owing more money to the bank! so, they got upset with me and said that I wasn't responsible enough to pay blah,blah,blah I mean these people were extremely rude to me, I apologized and said that I was still going to pay my debt no matter what and they put me on the phone with a manager who started acting very sarcastic with me and said that he was going to sue me and take me to court and that he was going to put on my file that i refused to pay the debt($1,300)I told him to give me two months and he rudely said that he didn't believe me and that he was sending the paperwork now. I didn't get the chance to tell him anything else, i am aware of my debt and intent to pay it within the next two months for sure. I'm scared of them taking me to court and all that, he even said that i would have to pay for their representative's trip-ticket and all this other stuff, he was just rude. Can they do all this to me? do I have any rights whatsoever when it comes to being sued by a collections agency? I mean I asked to him give me two months and he'd be paid off, he laughted and refused! please tell me what can i do or Am i out of luck?
:confused:

TigerD

Dell uses CAs to salvage customers -- not drive them away. Call Dell customer service and begin taping your calls with the CA.

You shouldn't have closed the account. That was the wrong way to handle it. You should have called the CA to cancel the payment or move it.

DC

Ladynred

You need to read the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) at www.ftc.gov, under consumers, then Credit, then Acts. That will tell you what YOUR rights are and what a 3rd party debt collector can NOT do -- or rather is not SUPPOSED to do (they break the law anyway).

When was the last time you paid Dell directly ?

They could sue you, but its probably not all that likely. If you bought the computer even 6 months ago, its not worth 1/2 what they charged you for it - and they damn well know it.

The collector was applying all the pressure tactics - fear, intimidation, even the rudeness - its meant to push your buttons to make you panic and go raid that magic money tree growing in your back yard :rolleyes:

S

sexyindebt

re: collections

The last time I paid Dell was about nine months ago if i'm correct. Then they transferred my file to an agency called "Encore" I dealt with them for about two months then they re-transferred me to primary financial services I've dealt with then since June of this year and they are just the meanest people ever. Yes, I understand that I did wrong because lots of things were going wrong in my life and i left my responsibilities aside for a while and now here I am asking for advise which i certainly appreciate more than ever, thanks to each one of you and I'm going to make sure that I read my rights with the collection agency. That's got to be interesting. Should any more questions arise, let me know, good day!

A.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">