• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

College I attend messed up academic probation.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

So I just realized that I did indeed mix up probation and suspension. I meant to say academic suspension, so hopefully everything makes a lot more sense.
Thank you for clarifying. We still need your state name, though. :)

Whether probation or suspension, you do not appear to have any legal action to pursue against the school.

You had options at the time of your supposed suspension and these options are still available to you.

You can take classes elsewhere (at a community college, perhaps) and you can be successful in these classes. Make sure before enrolling that all of the class credits are transferable. You need to show positive scholarship if you want to return to your old college.

It is easy, by the way, for high school students with excellent grade point averages to screw up once they are in college. The "freedom" from parental constraints can be seductive. Depending on the college, partying becomes a full time activity and studying is not a priority.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">