• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

College student with income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Minnesota
My 19 year daughter is a full time college student in which I provide some financial support to for living expenses, books and such. I want to claim her as a dependant, but she worked last year earning under $4000. The problem is that she did not claim exempt and hence has taxes due to her. How do I claim her and yet get her that tax money back?
Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential