• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

College trying to charge me the fee for the class I never sign up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Snow768

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Pennsvlynia

I applied for this college in 2016 for fall semester. I got accepted and sent deposit to them, but later I didn’t attend and NEVER SIGN UP FOR ANY CLASSES. I never received any notification from email or mail regarding to the bill. I just got a phone call from collection office the guy told me so. What should I do now? Will school remove my bill since I just got accepted, but never sign up for any classes? Thank you guys!

HRZ

I'm not going to read thru an unnamed institutions policy manual or admissions contracts ...my guess is you contracted to attend and you failed to make a prompt timely withdrawal ...odd are there is a written time schedule of withdrawl requirements . ( I have read thru some earlier ..they are there someplace )!

My crystal ball says you owe it for first term at least

FlyingRon

It matters not if you went to classes or not. You were enrolled in them, you owe the tuition. If you had some good reason not to be able to attend you might get some consideration for failing to withdraw properly, but any such action would almost certainly be just good will extended by the administration.

It's entirely the same as reserving a hotel room and not showing up. You blocked someone who actually wanted to attend for using that space.

eerelations

Agree with the others - you needed to formally withdraw from the college in order to not have to pay the tuition fees. Simply not showing up for classes is not a proper formal withdrawal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">