• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

college tuition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



New York/College Tuition\
My ex has refused to assist in college tuition and it was not included in our divorce.HOw can I accomplish this and also receive some child support?


Senior Member
most child support orders continue until the child reaches the age of 18 or until he/she graduates from high school.

some states do allow for child support to continue when the child is attending college. there are certain requirements. the child usually has to reside in the home and carry a full load at school.

this usually only covers support and does not include the cost of tuition.

you could always attempt a modification that includes the cost of tuition - after all, you can ask for anything when you go to court.

my link for support is down right now - but give it a try later this afternoon.



Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential