• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

college

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ramosj40

it has now been brought to my attention that TX has a new law that state that you now have to pay child support if your child decides to go to college. Before I was told that in Tx, you pay until your child is 18 yrs old, or until graduates high school, which ever happens last. If this is true, I was told since my support started 17 yrs ago, I fall under the old rule.. Is this true???

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I can't find any evidence of the alleged new law. Do you have a cite?

ramosj40

it has now been brought to my attention that TX has a new law that state that you now have to pay child support if your child decides to go to college. Before I was told that in Tx, you pay until your child is 18 yrs old, or until graduates high school, which ever happens last. If this is true, I was told since my support started 17 yrs ago, I fall under the old rule.. Is this true???
Neither can I.

Call the state's Attorney General's office. Someone there should know if there is a new law wending its way through the legislature or recently signed into law.

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/child-support
That "someone" wouldn't by any chance be your ex, would it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">