• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Colorado Public Employee Retirement Association

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newcs_jr

Hello. For the past 11 years I was employed by a school district here in Colorado. Being a school district employee meant that instead of paying into Social Security, we paid into the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association COPERA. After I resigned, in mid May 2016, I decided to refund my PERA account. They informed me that it should take 30-45 days to receive my check once all paperwork was received. However, they said colorado state law gives them 90 days to refund my money. I turned all paperwork in on 06/22/2016 and have yet to receive my money. I contacted PERA to see what was going on and they informed me that due to legal negotiations they are not releasing anyones check who worked for the district I worked for. I understand that Colorado state law gives them 90 days to cut the check but my question is this do I have any legal standing to pursue litigation if COPERA has not cut my check by the 90 day mark? Regards,

Garrett

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">