• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Colorado visitation/age a child can decide

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TigerD

She is married to the father but is not herself the mother of the child. That automatically makes her the stepmother by definition. See Webster's definition of stepmother.
Unfortunately, Webster's doesn't make law.

The OP married a guy in prison for rape. She wants to play mother to a child she hasn't met. She is calling most of you out for disagreeing with her flawed assessment of law. (and me next).

She raises points about the case that should have been raised at trial or in the post-trial motions if we can believe her statements. There is an appeals process. I'll note that the number of inmates that say they did it is very low. And the number of inmates that say their public defender sucked is very high. The correlation between personal responsibility and prison incarceration is very low. Huh? I wonder if that is connected?

They could save his VA money to hire the best attorney they can get. Paying child support would be admirable in any other situation. He isn't going to see the child while he is in custody. Best to work on what can be changed.

TD

** Edited to account for the qualified help comments:
OP: Hiring an attorney or contacting the local Innocence project is your best bet.

Last edited:

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Unfortunately, Webster's doesn't make law.
While that is quite true, it does not change the fact that she is indeed the stepmother by definition. The rest of your post does not appear to be connected in anyway to my comment and seems best directed at the OP rather than me.

quincy

While that is quite true, it does not change the fact that she is indeed the stepmother by definition. The rest of your post does not appear to be connected in anyway to my comment and seems best directed at the OP rather than me.
It was pretty easy to figure out what was directed to whom. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">