• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Comcast put me in collections on a closed account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bravura

What's my next recourse?
In March i called Comcast to cancel service (moved to new residence where there's no comcast service). Comcast CSR zeroed out balance due and said he'd close account. Months later i got a call stating that i owed money. In July i called again. CSR said she'd close account (she didn't) and said she'd zero out balance - but she only removed $93.00 of the outstanding amount. In August i learned account still not closed. This time the CSR closed the account but could not zero out the balance. Now i'm in collections. what do i do now?

adjusterjack

Start by reading your contract to determine why the balance might be owed. It's possible that there was a cancellation fee that you should have paid and that the CSR had no authority to waive.

LdiJ

What's my next recourse?
In March i called Comcast to cancel service (moved to new residence where there's no comcast service). Comcast CSR zeroed out balance due and said he'd close account. Months later i got a call stating that i owed money. In July i called again. CSR said she'd close account (she didn't) and said she'd zero out balance - but she only removed $93.00 of the outstanding amount. In August i learned account still not closed. This time the CSR closed the account but could not zero out the balance. Now i'm in collections. what do i do now?
I am really sorry to tell you that this is not an unusual situation with Comcast. If the county where this took place has an ombudsman's office within the mayor's office they might be able to help you.

Google: Horror stories with Comcast

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">