• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Commercial noise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

izzie02

Check with your city. Is the business operating within the confines of the business agreement with the city. Hours of operation. What kind of noise they can generate etc. It is obviously zoned commercial but there may be some restrictions they are not abiding by. Call your City Hall and find out if there are restrictions and speak with the City Manager. Maybe even take a video with sounds to show what is going on and a log of the noise.

quincy

Thanks !!!!!! I agree and WISH there were other solutions but it is impossible to build a barrier that tall, and I already know they won't move to another part of their acreage. Pretty sure I am stuck in misery !!!
There was a homeowner not far from where I live who had a beautiful farmhouse and beautiful property that was beautifully located on a beautiful country road. It all became not-so-beautiful when the State constructed an expressway within a few hundred yards of the homeowner's property. Perfectly legal.

The homeowner tried to get a barrier wall but, because only a single property owner was affected, the request was denied.

So the homeowner erected a HUGE sign that could be seen by anyone passing by on the expressway that outlined in large letters exactly what he thought of the State and the Governor. Because the sign avoided defamation, it was also perfectly legal.

The sign did not solve anything but it gave the homeowner a certain sense of satisfaction.

Unfortunately, there are some problems that cannot be solved through legal actions. Life sometimes is unpleasant.

Last edited:

Nana S

Check with your city. Is the business operating within the confines of the business agreement with the city. Hours of operation. What kind of noise they can generate etc. It is obviously zoned commercial but there may be some restrictions they are not abiding by. Call your City Hall and find out if there are restrictions and speak with the City Manager. Maybe even take a video with sounds to show what is going on and a log of the noise.
thanks for the input !!!! I appreciate it !!!

Nana S

There was a homeowner not far from where I live who had a beautiful farmhouse and beautiful property that was beautifully located on a beautiful country road. It all became not-so-beautiful when the State constructed an expressway within a few hundred yards of the homeowner's property. Perfectly legal.

The homeowner tried to get a barrier wall but, because only a single property owner was affected, the request was denied.

So the homeowner erected a HUGE sign that could be seen by anyone passing by on the expressway that outlined in large letters exactly what he thought of the State and the Governor. Because the sign avoided defamation, it was also perfectly legal.

The sign did not solve anything but it gave the homeowner a certain sense of satisfaction.

Unfortunately, there are some problems that cannot be solved through legal actions. Life sometimes is unpleasant.
You can say that again !!!!! That's a sad situation, I feel for the guy !!!!

Nana S

Oh they have definitely violated the city noise ordinances - numerous times. But I just want to be able to enjoy my yard again - and to have SOME peace and quiet beyond JUST and ONLY Sundays !!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">