• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Commision not paid properly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RSpend

What is the name of your state? UT

I have a job with a hybrid pay structure. There is an hourly pay rate, which is paid correctly almost all of the time. On top of that, to encourage work being done in a timely manner, is a commision on labor.

The employment contract states that commision is to be paid on labor at a rate of 22.5% for the first $2000 above a $5000 quota (the amount up to $7000) and 25% for anything beyond $7000. When the salesmen bill the customer, sometimes they do not charge the proper amount for labor. Each hour is supposed to be billed at $50 service charge, plus actual work labor, but sometimes they will only charge the $50 for the first hour of a job that could take up to 6 hours.

By my calculations, if they only discount one hour per day for a year, I lose over $3000 in wages. I am quite sure this is the average.

Is there anything other than DOL intervention that can help, or am I just spitting into the wind by arguing this point?

ecmst12

If you have an actual employment contract, you would have to take it to a lawyer to review to see if the terms of your contract are being breeched. The law only says you have to be paid at least minimum wage per hour. If you're getting at least that, then the department of labor can't help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">