• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Commission rules

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

guylo

Are there benifits that I must provide or taxes that I must withold if all the people who work for me are solely commissioned based.

A

Attorney_Replogle

I really don't know what Virginia requires of employers whose employees are all paid strictly on commission. You may at the very least be required to pay for Workers' Compensation. Whether you have to provide employee benefits or withhold taxes, I could not say. Before you go out in town to retain a civilian attorney, soldier, how about checking with your base legal affairs officer or a JAG officer? If you want to confer with a civilian business attorney near you, you can find one at attorneypages.com.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">