• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Common Fence. Can my neighbor make me pay 1/2.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blau

What is the name of your state? CA

I am a property owner. I have own the property for 10 years. I have three common fence with 3 neighbor that fence on my property.

I have one anoying neighbor. He has been asking me for years to share in the cost of replacing the common fence. of all the three neighbors his fence was historicaly the best shape. Yet he was the only one who has been complaining for years.

Of course we took more than our part in maintaining the fence for years in terms of repairs.

However, recently I got a letter from him threating that if I don't pay for 1/2 of the cost of a new fence he will take civil legal actions against me.

First off I don't like peple threating me with legal actions. Second I don't want to pay for 1/2 of a new fence that I don't think it is necessary. They obviously are more particular with their fences then me and my other two neighbors.

You know I am a good neighbor and I want to be one too but I don't want to be push into paying for something I don't want.

Legal helps and advice please, thanks in advance

blau

HomeGuru

blau said:
What is the name of your state? CA

I am a property owner. I have own the property for 10 years. I have three common fence with 3 neighbor that fence on my property.

I have one anoying neighbor. He has been asking me for years to share in the cost of replacing the common fence. of all the three neighbors his fence was historicaly the best shape. Yet he was the only one who has been complaining for years.

Of course we took more than our part in maintaining the fence for years in terms of repairs.

However, recently I got a letter from him threating that if I don't pay for 1/2 of the cost of a new fence he will take civil legal actions against me.

First off I don't like peple threating me with legal actions. Second I don't want to pay for 1/2 of a new fence that I don't think it is necessary. They obviously are more particular with their fences then me and my other two neighbors.

You know I am a good neighbor and I want to be one too but I don't want to be push into paying for something I don't want.

Legal helps and advice please, thanks in advance

blau
**A: do a search on this website.

blau

Hay guys I did the search.

hay guys I did the search aready before posting. It seem like their cases had a bunch of side issues.

I think on one of them it said that if it is a common fence that we must maintain it. But does it mean he can force me to build me a new one.

Can I get a simple answer and why.

thanks I am stress out enough already.

blau

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">