• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

common law divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



my fiancee and i have been together for four years, and engaged for three. ten days before our wedding, she called the police on me and had me arrested for domestic violence. we were both addicted to methamphetamines, and i had quit cold turkey 1 week prior to my arrest. all i had done was throw my sunglasses and yell at her because she was gone at her drug dealers house for two days, worrying me to death. when i got out of jail, i found out that i was not allowed to return to my apartment (my name is also on the lease). she continues to use drugs and is even dealing large quantities of methamphetamines from our apartment. i have been clean for 2 months now. we lived in colorado for the first 3 years and moved to arizona for the last year. while in colorado, we bought a car that is in her name with her mother as a cosigner and we obtained a lot of very expensive furniture over the last year. is there anything i can do to get my apartment back? im sure her dealer friends dont mind putting her up for a while. also, who would have rights to the furniture? we got a loan for the furniture and that loan is also in her name, but we have both been paying on all of the bills. i do believe that in colorado we were considered common law married, but how about now that we have moved to arizona?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential