• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

common law marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i am a resident of texas and wanted to know what rights i may have being as our state has this law. i have been living with a person and his son for the last 9years and about 6 months ago he brought me a truck. it is registered in his name but i pay the note and the insurance is in my name. he is only the second driver.my question is if i decide to leave do i have to give up my rights to my truck or can i keep it?i was told that if i sign my name once with his last name that i can claim what we have brought to gether or what he has brought for me.is this true?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential