• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

communications harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Edge

is it legal for the police to have a drunk woman call my house at midnight and acuse me of burgurley and when i call back they hang up on me so i call back again and the police come and arrest me for communications harassment then try to charge me with burgulery , IT DIDNT STICK what can i do ablut them calling me first! and what about slander them saying that i was a burgler> and insight on this send me a message if you know.

J

juanitag

Since the charge didn't stick I don't think you have any remedy against the police for what you claim is their initiation of the series of phone calls. As for slander, it would be hard to make a case that simply beacause you were arrested but not convicted of the crime that the mere allegation that you were a burglar was a) untrue and b) publicized and c) caused you harm (damages). Look at the section on "libel/slander" under "Personal Injury" topic at this website's home page to see what you have to show to win a slander suit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">