• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

comp. negl. decided by adjusters -- how do I recoup

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



PA -- comparative negligence is to be decided by the adjusters. They're looking at a 60/40 split, more liability on me. My company will not pursue damages for me because I did not have collision and they stand to lose nothing for my own vehicle repair. They're fighting the minor repair to the other party's vehicle. They tell me not to see an attorney because if they decide I'm more in fault, I will not be able to recoup my losses at all (I would then be more than 50% liable, so not able to seek damages of my own). Do they have the ability to determine if I am to be awarded nothing at all for my own vehicle damage?



Depends on your state law. If you are more than 50% liable in a comparative negligence state, you may not be able to recoup.

So....I think you should consult with an accident attorney in PA and go from there. Many give free consultations. Try http://www.attorneypages.com

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential