• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Companies taking money from Gift cards defacto Fees/expiration date?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotelSwatTeam

As you have been told, we are a community of (mostly) non-attorney volunteers who have experience in various fields and who have experience if many areas. If you wish the personal assistance of a legal professional, then you are going to have to seek out the assistance of a local legal professional.

On the following image, please click on all the pictures with birds.
Ok, so that answers 3 questions. You work for the free Advice forum, you are a non-attorney volunteer and you are a human.

Great. I'm also a human, non-attorney and have experience in various fields and experiences in many areas.

On the following image, please click on all the pictures with cars.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
volunteer for then?

Your signature said "Looking for an attorney? You can go to the home page at www.freeadvice.com and click on the Ask a Lawyer link (or, simply go to www.freeadvice.com/law-questions which is a direct link)"

Seems like you work for them or represent them in some way.
I volunteer my time on this forum to help other consumers with real-world problems. My signature line makes it easier for me than typing the same thing over and over again.

HotelSwatTeam

I volunteer my time on this forum to help other consumers with real-world problems. My signature line makes it easier for me than typing the same thing over and over again.
So your a consumer and I'm a consumer. We are both consumers. What give you more legal experience than I have? Have you ever litigated against anyone before or been involved in a lawsuit?

Let me guess, the expertise that you share is to try to get people to avoid lawsuit by telling them they are crying over spilled milk right?
Hey, I get it, someone threaten to " sue me for harassment" because I call them and asked they did never shipped by ebay items after a month of waiting. I was very polite and just inquired on the missing item and I had some guy in a trailer cursing me out with threats.

That is kind of your thing right? Tell people they are overreacting and lawsuit is not the answer,etc.. Have you ever instructed anyone on this forum to move forward with a lawsuit or are you basically trying to throw cold water on anyone burning to litigate?

Just Blue

So your a consumer and I'm a consumer. We are both consumers. What give you more legal experience than I have? Have you ever litigated against anyone before or been involved in a lawsuit?

Let me guess, the expertise that you share is to try to get people to avoid lawsuit by telling them they are crying over spilled milk right?
Hey, I get it, someone threaten to " sue me for harassment" because I call them and asked they did never shipped by ebay items after a month of waiting. I was very polite and just inquired on the missing item and I had some guy in a trailer cursing me out with threats.

That is kind of your thing right? Tell people they are overreacting and lawsuit is not the answer,etc.. Have you ever instructed anyone on this forum to move forward with a lawsuit or are you basically trying to throw cold water on anyone burning to litigate?
If you have an issue with the volunteers of this, site HIRE AN ATTORNEY.

Just Blue

Did you come out and tell him he had a good case from the start and to hire an attorney to move forward or did you first try to tell him how he was wrong or would never collect,etc..?

Where is the proof? Show me the link?
Feel free to peruse Zig's and 14 year posting history to study all the very valuable advice given.

quincy

HotelSwatTeam, the volunteers on this forum are attorneys, have legal backgrounds, have a working knowledge of the law because of their employment or personal experience, are well-educated with good research skills, or have otherwise proved their worth.

While the information provided on the forum is (generally) accurate and the advice offered (generally) reasonable based on the facts presented by a poster, NO ONE should leave their IMPORTANT LEGAL ISSUE to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

For legal advice to rely on, you must find an attorney licensed to practice in your own jurisdiction - hence our repeated advice for you to do so.

Good luck.

HotelSwatTeam

Feel free to peruse Zig's and 14 year posting history to study all the very valuable advice given.
Quantity does not equal quality. I have read the recent post and can't find anything. Its must not be a lot if you need to go back 14 years to find 1 positive piece of legal advice.

Just because you use electricity for 14 years does not mean you can engineer a nuclear reactor.

quincy

Quantity does not equal quality. I have read the recent post and can't find anything. Its must not be a lot if you need to go back 14 years to find 1 positive piece of legal advice.

Just because you use electricity for 14 years does not mean you can engineer a nuclear reactor.
Those who join this forum do not remain members for long if their contributions to the forum are not valuable.

HotelSwatTeam

HotelSwatTeam, the volunteers on this forum are attorneys, have legal backgrounds, have a working knowledge of the law because of their employment or personal experience, are well-educated with good research skills, or have otherwise proved their worth.

While the information provided on the forum is (generally) accurate and the advice offered (generally) reasonable based on the facts presented by a poster, NO ONE should leave their IMPORTANT LEGAL ISSUE to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

For legal advice to rely on, you must find an attorney licensed to practice in your own jurisdiction - hence our repeated advice for you to do so.

Good luck.
You Quincy have been very helpful and have at least made an good faith attempt to answer questions. Zig on the other hand has done the exact opposite. I have asked if he had any legal experience even as a janitor at a law office and he said that he was a " consumer helping other consumers" or something to that effect.

I am not using this forum to replace a lawyer but rather make sure I have enough of a case before consulting with a lawyer or find out I am on ok ground. Zig will blurt out a statement but refuse to explain or backup what he is saying with any law.

I asked for 1 example of him helping someone and he can't provide that either.

Sound like he gets off by trolling people with problems on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">