• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Companies who will loan against life insurance face value

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JaLee715

What is the name of your state?
Indiana
I'm 42, good health, Recently widowed, no children, now unemployed. I've had a $50,000 life policy in place for over 22 years.
Does anyone know of companies who will "buy back"(where you make the company that gives you $ the beneficiary) or will loan against the face value of individual life policy? Since I have no one to leave insurance $$ to & am needing cash a.s.a.p. seems like this would be a great solution to my problems. I don't even know the terminology for this transaction so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Much!

BelizeBreeze

This is not a legal question. Call your insurance company for any cash value provisions.

OR, I'll give you $10,000 for naming me beneficiary if you'll put on a little sweatshirt I have made up with red and white circles on it (I'm a pretty good shot) :D

J

JaLee715

life settlement

Thanks for the quick reply! I would have no problem making you the beneficiary in trade for $10K...but I'm not ready to die that quick, lol...at least for another 20-30 years I hope.
Thanks

ALawyer

What you want is called a "life settlement" (or if you had less than 2 years to live, a "viatical settlement") and there is a section about this on FreeAdvice.com.

HOWEVER, if you are in normal health the policy probably has no value to a potential investor, and in any event the amount is far to small even if your health were impaired. Just calculate the discounted value of $50,000 to be paid out in 30-40 years, and then deduct premium payments to keep the policy in force.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">