• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company bonus changes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

widgetridge

I work in Ohio. I am a full time employee. My pay is based on Piece rate. I have been employed by this company for over three years. I am full time but for the last two years have not worked a 40 hour work week. I have asked for more work, but have not received any additional work. Since I have been employed at this company they have hired three more employees to do the workload, but my workload has never increased (not putting 36+ hours a week) We are required to work 8 hours a day, but that depends on the workload. Some employees get 40+ hours some get less.

The company is now requiring that all employees must work 36+ hours in order to receive 100% of their quarterly bonus.

If I ask for more work/time and they do not give it to me, and they are in process of adding another employee, can they withhold part of my bonus?

thank you.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That depends entirely on the terms of the bonus agreement. This is not an issue that is directly addressed by law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">