• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

company changed there name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

I signed a contact and paid company "joes lawn" the work that had to be done was completed but was installed incorrectly. I tried to call them up to fix it and they said they would but called back the week they were going to do it and said they will not unless i pay them $1000.00. He also said that they are no longer "joes lawn" they are now "joes garden and lawn" so they do not have to fix it anyways. do i have a ground to take them to court to have them move it? or sue for the money to have a different company move it?

ALso if i have to take them to court do i sue "joes lawn" "joes garden and lawn" or the owner that i signed the contract with?

Ty in advance for your help


Was Joe's Lawn or now Joe's Garden and Lawn incorporated or using another form of limited liability company, or is it Joe Schmo doing business as Joe's Lawn or Joe's Garden and Lawn. My initial assumption would be the latter.

Regardless the business structure can be easily found.

Assuming he's a sole proprietor, you would sue in small claims, Joe Schmo dba Joe's Lawn and Joe Schmo dba Joe's Garden and Lawn. I would get a bid from another company to do the work and sue Joe for what you've paid him including court costs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential