• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company charging servers extra for other employee meals

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

catsmouse

What is the name of your state? Florida
I work at a large hotel in one of their restaurants. I was done with my shift and printed my cash out (what I owed to the hotel, food runner and bar ) An employee asked me to order food for them, very normal and something we do multiple times every shift. I had to print out a second cash out after the employee meal and I read that I ( a server) was being made to pay 60 cents extra to the bar ( no alcohol was ordered) and $1 extra to the food runner for one $8 meal. We round up so 60 cents is a dollar so $2 total. We order a lot of employee meals because we work with housekeeping, maintenance and valet and they prefer our food. When I brought this to the attention of management I was told we should be paid $2 for employee meals (not something we have been aware of or told before) but that will only cover our ridiculous tip out and not the extra taxes we pay for every meal. Is this legal?
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">