• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company not giving W-2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenn21

What is the name of your state?Florida

I was working for a Privately Held Company that was surving of raising capital by selling Class Shares of COmmon Stock. They were very hit miss with how much money was raised....I worked for them for a few years and they have never given me a W-2.....they said that they still owed their portion and that I would not be able to file until they paid it off. I have not been working for the company for months now and they can not give me an answer as to when they will give them to me. The assistant they had working for the company took my social and did an extension for me.....without my permission.

My questions are:

1. How is this going to effect me this year when I do file? How will this effect me in the future? What am I going to be held accountable for....can I actually file with out a W-2.

2. What do I need to do to get them to pay the rest of their portion and the late fees on mine?

BelizeBreeze

jenn21 said:
1. How is this going to effect me this year when I do file? How will this effect me in the future? What am I going to be held accountable for....can I actually file with out a W-2.
Contact a tax attorney in your area and have him/her file your taxes for all years.
2. What do I need to do to get them to pay the rest of their portion and the late fees on mine?
This will be taken care of when you file. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">