• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

company paid Insurance with bad check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

asuit

I work for a small company(3 full time) in ohio. As part of my contract the company was to provide health coverage for me and my family.

I had a operation to repair my achilles tendon June 19. I found out in september that the company wrote a bad check to insurance that terminated the policy as of 6-1-01. The insurance comapny has issued checks for about 20k. I have contacted the ohio dept of insurance and dept of labor to no avail.

My agreement with the employeer was that I would take care of my salary & 1/2 of the health periums untill I returned to work.

He now claims that as of June 19 the day of the operation I was no longer an employee and he is only responible untill this date.

He wrote the bad check for three months of premiums on 8-2-01

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">