• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company refuses to give refund within the 30 day purchase period

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Skatinima

What is the name of your state? I don't live In the US

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: International Law

Three weeks ago signed up for an online course. I agreed to pay the price of the course in ten single monthy installements, but now I have come to the conclusion that the course is not something that I want to have anymore and I would like a refund.

They refused to give me the refund, claiming that they don't give out refunds if it has been more than 48 hours after purchase, or if the the payment plan agreed to was the 10 installement monthly plan, claiming that I can't back out of the debt I agreed to.

Aren't they obligated by law to give refund or cancel the payments, by the request of the consumer,
in the 30 day window after the digital product has been purchased?

Is this worth filing a complaint to get my money back, or is there no chance?

The company is U.S. based, and I'm in a european Union country.

Thanks

Last edited:

xylene

Aren't they obligated by law to give refund or cancel the payments, by the request of the consumer,
in the 30 day window after the digital product has been purchased?
This is us law only fourm.
You need a local lawyer in you country.

That said - what law do you believe requires a 30 refund period? I am very interested in your reasoning behind that.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As you have been told on at least two other forums that I know of, there is no such law anywhere in the US.

Dandy Don

What form of payment did you use for the installment plan: credit card? Paypal?

At the time you made payment, were you shown some type of agreement to sign?

How much was your installment payment and what was the total amount due for all lessons?

What state is the company located in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">