• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company Responsibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B

babber

That seems a very convenient way to allow an employer to get away with things. So If I understand an employer can deviate when they want. If the policy says the company does not condone drug use can the company deviate and allow some employees to use drugs and fire others?

B

babber

I have a hard time accepting that the company can deviate from the company policy as they see fit. That makes it the wild west of work policy it makes it so that no employee is safe. The company can get away with anything and the employee is left holding the bag.

B

babber

Cbg I appreciate your information but that also sends me a cold chill down my back.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That is, nonetheless, the case.

If the company policy provides for step discipline, and an employee is caught red-handed stealing from his co-workers, is it your contention that the employer should provide only a verbal warning and then sent back to work?

B

babber

No that is not what I am saying at all. If you are caught red-handed the employer does what the policy indicates and that is up to dismissal.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
But that is why the law does not require an employer to follow their policies and gives them the right to deviate from it.

And I've been avoiding saying this, but it needs to be said.

Speaking as one who not only used to conduct the investigations, but who also trained employers on how to conduct investigations, I can tell you that the employees involved in the investigation (and I'm talking about both the accuser and the accused) are not always aware of all aspects of the investigation. The fact that they ended up taking an action you disagree with is NOT proof that they did not investigate.

B

babber

What I am stating is the company policy states in black and white that they will do a thorough investigation, that they will evaluate all the facts and keep information confidential. All the things the company did not do.

B

babber

CbG I was not never aware of anything I was being accused off. I finally received a copy of the investigation and it is a botch investigation. The accuser allegation are unfounded no evidence. The accuser selected employees to testify and it backfired their testimony was not to her benefit. I was able to provide factual proof emails and text messages that negated the accuser's allegations. There are over 10 employees that will testify on my behalf, my character, the character of the accused.
It is obvious the company acted because of the "me too" movement. When they first informed me the first thing they said is they would pick the solution that provided less liability for the company. That tells me they were not interested in the truth just what cost them less.

B

babber

Proof that they did not investigate. The accuser uses the company wifi and policy says if you use company policy they have a right to check your device. I offered my device freely.

B

babber

I provided 6 names of people for them to talk with that would help my case they choose not to talk to them. She would Skype message me through the company skype I asked them to pull the records and they choose not to do that.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Okay. So it was unfair.

It is STILL, despite everything, NOT a wrongful termination as defined by law.

B

babber

CBG thanks for the spirited conversation, But the company acted unethically and did not conduct the proper investigation. Maybe it's not typical textbook wrongful termination but the company did nothing to protect me. At the end of the day, they have a responsibility to provide ALL its employees with a safe and fair work environment. They state we earnestly seek the cooperation of all employees in helping to maintain this policy.

They did not follow policy, did not follow the code of conduct policy. The great thing about this country is that we have tons of lawyers and they are all busy working around the craziness that is our legal system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">