• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company Responsibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It's not a wrongful termination, period. As I said above, it may or may not be unfair. And if you truly did nothing wrong I hope they hire you back. But you have posted absolutely nothing to suggest that the company did anything illegal. If they do hire you back, it will be because they choose to do so and not because of any legal violation on their part.

B

babber

CBG thanks for comments and your opinion. To be clear I do not want my job back I could not work there. The employer is unethical and based on what you are saying and the way it looks they wrote the handbook and code of conduct but it means nothing. This is not the type of employer I want to work for. Not sure what you are trying to insinuate with the comment if I truly did nothing wrong. I did nothing wrong I have facts, emails, text messages and a laundry list of people that work there which already wrote statements on my behalf. That said I will push this as far as I can and use the truth and facts to keep it moving. At the end of the day, the lawyers can work it out and see what happens. Win or lose this is already making the employer change policy, it made the employer put training in place nothing else the employer is making changes for the future. Next time a fake harassment case come up they will think about it twice.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm not insinuating anything but I don't know you from Adam. I have no way of knowing whether you're telling the truth, telling the truth as you see it but are mistaken, or are lying in your teeth. I do know what the law says.

B

babber

CBG thanks again for your candor. Never question your law knowledge. It is obvious you work for the defendant (employers) but don't be so sensitive I understand you do not know me and I don't expect you to take my side or understand my complete story. But the law is also not as cut as dry as you make it out to be. I do know that the law is not just black and white it's more grey than people choose to believe. I respect your opinion and your statement but I don't agree with it. As I stated thanks for the information. But at this time I will let the lawyers fight it out. Like I stated in my previous message. Win or lose this is already making the employer change policy, it made the employer put training in place the employer is making changes for the future. Next time a fake harassment case comes up they will think about it twice. At this point, I feel as if I already won.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I work in HR, actually. And there have been times where my investigations found for the employee rather than the employer. In fact, I lost my job once because I insisted the employee was right. So don't you make assumptions either.

You don't believe what I'm telling you here? Fine. Look up the definition of a wrongful term yourself.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
CBG thanks again for your candor. Never question your law knowledge. It is obvious you work for the defendant (employers) but don't be so sensitive I understand you do not know me and I don't expect you to take my side or understand my complete story. But the law is also not as cut as dry as you make it out to be...
Soooo..... you are given legally-correct information so you automatically assume that cbg works for the "defendant". In other words, since you've been told by other posters that your firing was legal, then EVERYONE is wrong?

(BTW, when it comes to what is considered illegal termination, the law IS cut and dried.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">