• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company Solvency - Paycheck, 401k, health insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rajean944

Maryland - My company is based in Annapolis, MD and I work out of my house in Connecticut.

BACKGROUND

PAYCHECK - My company is a month and half behind in providing me with my bi-monthly paycheck

401k - This same company never deposited my contribution into my 401k

HEALTH INSURANCE - They fail to pay their portion of the health premium causing the insurance carrier to cancel all health insurance as of February 28, 2008. I assumed we were still insured as the insurance fees were being taken out of my paycheck. I discovered that my health insurance was cancelled when I recently started receiving medical bills due to lack of payment from the insurance carrier CareFirst BlueCrossBlueShield.

This has left some of the employees uninsurable as the 62 day conversion time frame expired.

Base on the above, it appears this company may be going under. What are my options? Is it possible to put a lean on the company.
pany's intellectual property since they lease the building and their assets is mimimal..

ecmst12

It is very, very bad for them to take money for your 401k and not deposit it within a week or 2. Like, prison bad, potentially. Contact the department of labor right away.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
BTW, the 62 day gap does not automatically make an employee uninsurable. It simply means that IF a new policy has a pre-existing clause (and not all policies do) that clause applies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">