• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company Stock Options

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrlevski

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Utah

December 30 was my last day of work at a privately held company in Utah. I had worked there almost six years. (I left on my own. I was not fired.) During my time I had about 20,000 shares of company stock optioned to me. (I worked there long enough to vest all or most of these shares.) I was given some paperwork when I left that stated I had 90 days to act on any vested shares.

Earlier this week, I emailed the HR department asking me if they could tell me the value of the shares so I could decide whether or not I wanted to act on the vested shares.This morning I received an email from the CFO stating that he could not tell me the value of the shares and refuses to give me a reason as to why he can not disclose this information.

I doubt that the stock is worth more than the strike price so I doubt I’d have any money coming to me. However, I am a little perplexed as to why they refuse to disclose the current value of the shares. Does anyone know of any reason why this is the case? Any advice how to best handle this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">