• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company Vehicle Personal Use Policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ccpirri@hotmail

What is the name of your state? PA

I am a 18 year employee of a company in the state of Pennsylvannia. For the past 18 years, I have been provided a company vehicle. In the past, the Vehicle policy included any personal use, as long as I paid a $65 biweekly (IRS required payroll deduction), and paid for fuel to cover personal mileage. I have taken the vehicle on many family vacations to destinations such as Florida, New Orleans, Maine, and other destinations. The company has currently changed the policy to exclude this type of travel. They have included wording such as "limited personal usage", and have limited personal usage to a 100 mile radius of my home residence.

I have refused to sign off on this new policy, but fear that I have no other option. There are 50 other employees in the same boat. We have met with management, but feel they have accepted this policy, and are set on jamming it down our throats.

Does anyone know any options to combat this corporate greed?

Thanks for any help.

Chris

JETX

ccpirri@hotmail said:
Does anyone know any options to combat this corporate greed?
Yep... and the answer is really, REALLY simple.
Quit your job and find an employer who is willing to continue to provide you with a free unlimited personal use vehicle.
Wow!!! That sure was simple!! :D

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Talk about greed! Good lord, and you talk about your employer being greedy? They don't have to allow ANY personal use of your company vehicle.

You can be fired for refusing to sign the policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">