• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

companys in violation of hippa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

valady

Can anyone help us? After my husband gave notice at his previous job & went to work for their competitor, we were advised by COBRA that his previous employer waited to submit termination of our health insurance benefits to them well beyond the federal regulatory 30 day notice. In fact, due to them waiting the extra time I can no longer get insurance with my current employer, my husband can only get insurance after 90 days (with the understanding that all health problems will be considered as pre-existing conditions.) And to top it off COBRA now states we must pay out over $1600.00 in premiums by Dec 30th 2000. Can anyone help us with this problem? (we are located in Alabama)

[Edited by valady on 12-05-2000 at 10:35 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">