• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Compensation amount? I am confused!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ryan jill

I was in an accident in early September, this year. I was riding a motorcycle and was struck by a car. The driver was completely faulty and I had multiple senior injuries after the accident. I have undergone two surgeries and I am trying to claim an insurance without a lawyer. But my friends told me that, it is not that easy, since I need to manage and send formal notice letter. So, right now I am taking the service from a law firm in Toronto (Defense Group). Now, it's my turn to calculate my compensation amounts and I heard that the possible range may be two to three times of medical expenses. Is this true?

quincy

I was in an accident in early September, this year. I was riding a motorcycle and was struck by a car. The driver was completely faulty and I had multiple senior injuries after the accident. I have undergone two surgeries and I am trying to claim an insurance without a lawyer. But my friends told me that, it is not that easy, since I need to manage and send formal notice letter. So, right now I am taking the service from a law firm in Toronto ... Now, it's my turn to calculate my compensation amounts and I heard that the possible range may be two to three times of medical expenses. Is this true?
Multiple "senior" injuries, huh? Interesting.

ShyCat is right. We handle US law questions only. But I wanted to warn you about believing everything you read on the internet.

Although you may have read online about a calculation using "two to three times of medical expenses" (in fact, that particular falsehood was even spouted by a misinformed poster on this forum not too long ago), in real life that is not the way compensation is figured. Instead, many factors are considered.

I recommend you find a low-or-no-cost attorney in your area who handles auto accident insurance claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">