• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Compensation for injuries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


I live in the Virginia but recently had a head on collision in North Carolina. The other driver was at fault. Police on the scene. Both the driver and the passenger were killed. I sustained a broken collarbone, bruises, whiplash, possible broken rib. I was taken to an emergency room but released the next day because of space. I have been treated by my orthopedic surgeon. My car was totaled and the insurance company has already paid for that. They also paid for a rental car. This is State Farm which both the other driver and I have. She had 100,000 liability.
I really don't want a lawyer. What is a ball park compensation for this type of accident?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential