• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Compensation for top officers of non-profit corporations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

David S

I am looking for information (case law, statutes) that address restrictions on how much the top executives of certain non-profit corporations can be paid. I believe there is federal law that prohibits the top ten percent from being compensated above a set percentage of the total payroll of the organization. Also looking for statutes governing "deferred compensation".

A

Attorney_Replogle

Sorry that I can't help you locate those cases or code sections. To my knowledge, the only place in the codes that you will find information on deferred compensation is in the tax laws. However, your apparent overall goal is to sue some non-profit corporations. Thus, to find your answers quickly, I suggest consulting with a business law attorney near you. You can find one at attorneypages.com.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">