• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

libra50man

I work for an armored car company in Ohio. I am required to carry a sidearm. In order to carry said sidearm, I must be certified in a training program run by an outside agency, which is only available outside of working hours. We are non-unionized and do not have a labor contract. Our company is refusing to pay us for this training even though it exceeds 40 hours in one week. We are paid time and one half for overtime for hours worked in excess of 40. The company claims that this is "self-improvement" and thus benefits us and not them, so they are refusing to pay us for these hours. Are they required to pay us for this overtime and how do we force the issue? Please feel free to site case law as I am familiar how to locate it at the library. Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">