• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Complaint to Child Protective Services

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Confused38555

Tennessee
This happened in 2011, and is still ripping our families apart. Horrible accusations was made against me, two days after i got into an argument with my mother about my parenting. The complaint was found to be unfounded. I disowned my mother and brother over this, as brother has a history of making false allegations toward people. It was obvious that it was one of them. Now 7.5 years later, defending his continued relationship with my brother has claimed it was not my mother or brother, but a girlfriend of his at the time that made the complaint. We are about to split the family again over this.

Question: Is there away, in Tennessee to compel Children's Protective Services to reveal the complainant? 7.5 years later and the are now of age

Thank You

Just Blue

Tennessee
This happened in 2011, and is still ripping our families apart. Horrible accusations was made against me, two days after i got into an argument with my mother about my parenting. The complaint was found to be unfounded. I disowned my mother and brother over this, as brother has a history of making false allegations toward people. It was obvious that it was one of them. Now 7.5 years later, defending his continued relationship with my brother has claimed it was not my mother or brother, but a girlfriend of his at the time that made the complaint. We are about to split the family again over this.

Question: Is there away, in Tennessee to compel Children's Protective Services to reveal the complainant? 7.5 years later and the are now of age

Thank You
Please clarify who is "defending his continued relationship" with your brother? Who are you talking about?

Confused38555

My son is saying this now, after I confronted him about his maintaining a relationship with my brother. At any rate I did my own research and false reporting is a Class E Felony. But it appears the Statute of limitations on a Class E felony is two years, it is far past that now. I might could only have a civil remedy but only if the records still exist. I just wanted to get the matter settled. I should have pursued an investigation and charges then, but I just wanted to let it go, cut away those that would harm my family and move on. What my son chooses, and what I choose is our own paths, I would just like some clarity for both myself and my son. Thank you for answering. If you believe I might be able to find a civil remedy such as a court order, please enlighten me. Have a great night.

LdiJ

I am sorry but no, you will not be able to force the agency to disclose the reporter.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Tennessee

Thank You
Well, perhaps not so obvious, if the brother's ex-girlfriend is the one who contacted CPS.

I get that this greatly hurt your feelings - I know that I would feel very betrayed in your shoes. But, perhaps you should give people the benefit of the doubt. You cannot undo this, but you can choose how to go forward.

You have raised your children and done your best to prepare them for adulthood. It is time to let them take flight and make their own choices, knowing some of those choices might be wrong, or at least not the ones you would make. You cannot live their lives, you can only live your own. And if per chance, you son comes to you one day saying, "You're right. They're [horrible people]," open your arms and hug him saying, "I'm sorry you had to find out this way." (Don't say "I told you so.")

Legally, no advice, other than you are being unreasonable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">