• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Complicated situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Missouri
In 1992, I gave birth to my daughter. I was 18 and ready to give her up for adoption, but my mother and then-step-father talked me into giving them guardianship until I was able to care for her. Since 1994 I have been asking my mother to relinquish her guardianship but she refuses. My child is now 13 and I live in another state; is there anything I can do to get my child back?


Senior Member
You can file for custody but why didn't you file in court sooner? At this point uprooting your daughter may definitely not been considered in her best interest. Have you been involved in her life at all? Have you paid support?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential