• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

comply with dfacs without court order or safety plan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ksull

Please post you question with relevant facts. Don't use the preview function. Thanks...
dfacs came to my house a week and a half with false allegations of clothes not fitting and my child always being dirty also drug use. the investigator went to my child's school without my knowledge but when I spoke with her she said she saw no concerns with my child but was demanding a drug screen I refused the child does not live in my home he lives with his grandmother until I can get moved and situated we have not found any papers with the court there is no safety plan in place and no judge order but she is saying that I cannot hate my child anywhere that I can go over there and visit that I cannot take him with me so I have to comply

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
dfacs came to my house a week and a half with false allegations of clothes not fitting and my child always being dirty also drug use. the investigator went to my child's school without my knowledge but when I spoke with her she said she saw no concerns with my child but was demanding a drug screen I refused the child does not live in my home he lives with his grandmother until I can get moved and situated we have not found any papers with the court there is no safety plan in place and no judge order but she is saying that I cannot hate my child anywhere that I can go over there and visit that I cannot take him with me so I have to comply
And
What is your question?

quincy

There is no court order that prohibits you from removing your child from the grandmother's house? Was placement of your son with the grandmother a court decision?

I support your decision to refuse a drug test if there is no court order ordering you take one.

What is your question?

K

ksull

no. I placed him there myself prior to dfacs being contacted. no court order or anything has been signed

K

ksull

can I be in trouble or anything if I were to go get my child even tho dfcs said I could visit but not take him anywhere?

quincy

can I be in trouble or anything if I were to go get my child even tho dfcs said I could visit but not take him anywhere?
I was afraid that was going to be your question. :)

I can't answer it.

Certainly DFCS can make your life miserable if it chooses to do so. I am not seeing under what law they could enforce their directive, however.

Are you on probation for anything?

Are you collecting state benefits?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why are you so against doing the drug screen? Is there a chance that drugs would show up in your system?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">