• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Concept Trailer for movie

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jw_moore

Kentucky.

I've had a movie idea for years and I recently thought up of a concept trailer. Even though the clips in the trailer wouldn't be owned by me the name and basic idea is. I want to be able to post it to get hype for it but don't want to risk my idea being stolen.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Kentucky.

I've had a movie idea for years and I recently thought up of a concept trailer. Even though the clips in the trailer wouldn't be owned by me the name and basic idea is. I want to be able to post it to get hype for it but don't want to risk my idea being stolen.
Do you have permission to use the clips in the trailer?
Did you a have a question?

FlyingRon

If you don't want the idea "stolen," don't show or tell anybody about it until you have a contractual relationship in place.
And no, you can't use other's materials in the promo for yours without permission.

quincy

Kentucky.

Who owns the clips you intend to use in your "concept trailer" and what exactly do you mean by a concept trailer?

If you want to discuss your movie idea and the legalities, you can do so with an entertainment lawyer or by having nondisclosure/confidentiality agreements signed prior to disclosing your idea.

thienlyma90

Keep at it. There's nothing easy about the line of work you're shooting for - but you can ask some information about which you should be expected to know.

quincy

Keep at it. There's nothing easy about the line of work you're shooting for - but you can ask some information about which you should be expected to know.
Huh?

If you are trying to say that jw_moore needs to learn the legalities of his craft before creating a movie trailer, I agree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">