• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CONCERN - Three errors on citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thumper22

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio

The officer decided to cite me one day after the accident - driving too closely.

Accident occurred because driver in front lost control, I eased on brakes because it was raining and very slippery (coming around sharp bend) and thought I would be able to clearly pass the driver without also losing control, other driver hit curb and came back off the curb and hit me - lane was wide.]

Officer did not cite me that day but called the next day and notified me I was to be cited also.

I noticed on the citation, there were three errors. First, he recorded my license number incorrectly. Second, he put the wrong address for my present address. Third, he misspelled my permanent city address.

ARE THESE ERRORS LARGE ENOUGH TO DISMISS THE TICKET? If not, how can I fight this ticket in court?

Curt581

Thumper22 said:
I noticed on the citation, there were three errors. First, he recorded my license number incorrectly. Second, he put the wrong address for my present address. Third, he misspelled my permanent city address.

ARE THESE ERRORS LARGE ENOUGH TO DISMISS THE TICKET?
Another use of the infamous "Neener-Neener Defense"... wherein, if you don't have a defense to the facts of the case, attack the officer's spelling.

The errors MAY be enough for dismissal. Go to court and ask that it be dismissed as a defective citation.

In a few weeks, you'll receive a reissued corrected citation.

Then you'll have to schedule another court appearance.

What...?

You thought it would be dropped entirely due to a misspelling?

If not, how can I fight this ticket in court?
By pleading Not Guilty and going to Trial.

Pugilist

Curt -

You did a good job of explaining why the errors on the ticket probably won't kill it. But the OP also asked, "If not, how can I fight it in court?" So, how about some ideas as to how to defend the following too closely charge?

Pug

racer72

I saw a couple folks last Thursday have tickets dismissed based on having the driver's license number incorrect on the citation. And how can anyone give the OP a defense for the citation when he admits commiting the offense?

ismellbacon

Pugilist said:
Curt -

You did a good job of explaining why the errors on the ticket probably won't kill it. But the OP also asked, "If not, how can I fight it in court?" So, how about some ideas as to how to defend the following too closely charge?

Pug

Typical cop attitude these days. No wonder people dont like cops anymore. And no I didnt say we didnt need or respect the profession. Just that most people feel most cops are pricks these days and they are. Thats what happens when you hire people who want the job for reasons other then wanting to help others. Cops like to blame it on the people they deal with all day. I say thats a crock of manure. That doesnt mean I want to or am allowed to treat everyone rudely.

Last edited by a moderator:
ismellbacon said:
Typical cop attitude these days. No wonder people dont like cops anymore. And no I didnt say we didnt need or respect the profession. Just that most people feel most cops are pricks these days and they are. Thats what happens when you hire people who want the job for reasons other then wanting to help others. Cops like to blame it on the people they deal with all day. I say thats a crock of manure. That doesnt mean I want to or am allowed to treat everyone rudely.
Hey Bacon Smeller, I don't know what you temper tantrum rant has to do with the post you quoted by Pugilist, but I believe he was attempting to get a response to the OP. Which was given....

When you feel like whining about police and how they torment you and all the other innocent violators and criminals out there, do it in the mirror, so we don't have to hear you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">