• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

concerned mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i live in new jersey and my 5 yr old son is in his grandmothers custody right now(temporary)...the reason she got custody is because i didnt show up at the court hearing. the reason i didnt show up is because my notice was sent to the grandmothers house and they signed for my mail. now we are going back to court so that i can try to get him back.will my age ( 21 yrs old) have an affect on my chances? and can my son's father and grandmother keep me from moving out of new jersey with my son?



Maybe and yes. You will need a lawyer to show you really had no clue about any potential court hearings, troubles, etc.

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential