• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Concerned parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

atalam

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
I am in the works of filing for divorce and also want full custody of our son. I am currently working two jobs because he really does not help me to provide for our son. My concern is can he get custody of our son just because I work two jobs? My job is only seasonal and its for four months out of the year. Since we seperated in September I'm the one who has taken care of our son. Please advise.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

SESmama

If every parent that worked two jobs lost custody there would be a lot more children not living with their parents.

No, working 2 jobs is not a reason to lose custody but if it interferes with your ability to parent/care for the children it can be looked at as a factor.

Best interests of the children always applies

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
I am in the works of filing for divorce and also want full custody of our son. I am currently working two jobs because he really does not help me to provide for our son. My concern is can he get custody of our son just because I work two jobs? My job is only seasonal and its for four months out of the year. Since we seperated in September I'm the one who has taken care of our son. Please advise.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Why wouldn't shared custody be in the best interest of the child?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">