• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

concurrent sentencing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AmandaSherrill

What is the name of your state?North Carolina

My sister seems to be having problems with people on here, so I will post our situation in hopes that someone can tell us what we need to do. Please, if you are not serious or just want to badmouth us, please refrain from responding and wasting our time. Here is our situation:

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/apps/offender/offend1?DOCNUM=0186544&SENTENCEINFO=yes&SHOWPHOTO=yes

Our uncle was convicted in 88'. We thought that he got two life sentences consecutively. He is actually been serving them concurrently. Now, he has been communicating threats through third parties. my sister contacted department of corrections in NC and told this to his case worker, and they cut off the communication between him and the third parties. (our father and our uncle, both being his brothers.) Well, he is scheduled for parole in 2008. He has threatened our lives since we were little and said that the first thing he would do when he got out is find us and make us pay because he feels that he is innocent. He has not completed any of his recommended classes while in prison, and had been a model inmate. I now live in florida with my husband, but my little sister is in NC. He has requested to do his 5 years of parole in Raleigh, which is where she resides. Our question is; Is there anyway to petition the courts to have him serve his sentences consecutively or is it too late? Secondly, can he request to do his parole in the same city as his victim? and last but not least, can he be charged with communicating threats since the threats he made were actually written in letters to his brothers?

:confused:

casa

AmandaSherrill said:
What is the name of your state?North Carolina

My sister seems to be having problems with people on here, so I will post our situation in hopes that someone can tell us what we need to do. Please, if you are not serious or just want to badmouth us, please refrain from responding and wasting our time. Here is our situation:

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/apps/offender/offend1?DOCNUM=0186544&SENTENCEINFO=yes&SHOWPHOTO=yes

Our uncle was convicted in 88'. We thought that he got two life sentences consecutively. He is actually been serving them concurrently. Now, he has been communicating threats through third parties. my sister contacted department of corrections in NC and told this to his case worker, and they cut off the communication between him and the third parties. (our father and our uncle, both being his brothers.) Well, he is scheduled for parole in 2008. He has threatened our lives since we were little and said that the first thing he would do when he got out is find us and make us pay because he feels that he is innocent. He has not completed any of his recommended classes while in prison, and had been a model inmate. I now live in florida with my husband, but my little sister is in NC. He has requested to do his 5 years of parole in Raleigh, which is where she resides. Our question is; Is there anyway to petition the courts to have him serve his sentences consecutively or is it too late? Secondly, can he request to do his parole in the same city as his victim? and last but not least, can he be charged with communicating threats since the threats he made were actually written in letters to his brothers?

:confused:
Can you get the letters he wrote in order to file them in court and get a Restraining Order against him if/when he is released?

Have you asked his caseworker for any documentation re; your contacting her about the threats/contact?

Are you or your sister to be notified when he has a parole hearing? If so, attend it and speak your peace- including that he has continued to attempt to contact you and has threatened you.

If you have any more contact from him directly or indirectly file a police report. It's important to gather as much documentation as possible.

Those are the only things I can think of at the moment.

AmandaSherrill

Our father and uncle recieved the letters, than proceeded to tell us what he had said about us. My little sister (because she lives in NC) contacted our uncles caseworker and reported the third party threats. He has now cut off communication with those individuals, which makes me think that since they are the only two people in our family that he has contact with, would only add fuel to the fire.

Now it's just a waiting game. He has pleged revenge on us, and he will fulfill his threats.

My little sister just informed me that she contacted the DA and they said the only thing we can do is file a police report and a restraining order and just sit like ducks waiting for him or one of his crazies to appear and then call the cops. She has already changed her name and is just scared to death. We have registered with the Victims advocatecy. They will let us know when his hearing is. And if i am not mistaken, we have to file a petition to speak 6 months prior to his actual hearing just to be able to speak. Now, my question is, How long can they keep him in prison over his 20 year sentence if he is communicating threats and hasn't completed the recommended sex offender classes?

Thank you so much for your help Casa.

casa

AmandaSherrill said:
Our father and uncle recieved the letters, than proceeded to tell us what he had said about us. My little sister (because she lives in NC) contacted our uncles caseworker and reported the third party threats. He has now cut off communication with those individuals, which makes me think that since they are the only two people in our family that he has contact with, would only add fuel to the fire.

Now it's just a waiting game. He has pleged revenge on us, and he will fulfill his threats.

My little sister just informed me that she contacted the DA and they said the only thing we can do is file a police report and a restraining order and just sit like ducks waiting for him or one of his crazies to appear and then call the cops. She has already changed her name and is just scared to death. We have registered with the Victims advocatecy. They will let us know when his hearing is. And if i am not mistaken, we have to file a petition to speak 6 months prior to his actual hearing just to be able to speak. Now, my question is, How long can they keep him in prison over his 20 year sentence if he is communicating threats and hasn't completed the recommended sex offender classes?

Thank you so much for your help Casa.
It's good you have documentation through notifying his worker and the DA. Follow the DAs advice and get the Restraining Order and file a police report for ANY contact either directly or indirectly that he makes to you.

Victim's Advocacy will notify you in time of the parole hearings. Or at least they should.

It will weigh against him that he has participated in harassment/intimidation and that he hasn't completed the sex offender classes.

Why in the world would your father or uncle relay the letter's information to you guys? If you haven't already- tell your father and uncle you do not want to know of any correspondence and if you hear of any again you will no longer be in contact with THEM. It's called Dysfunction Junction and you & your sister need to get the heck out of it. :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">