• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo Assoc. Fees & Foreclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

noee290

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alaska

I purchased my unattached house (technically a condo) in June of 2005. I was supposed to receive a condo packet with payment information, an itemized statement that showed what the dues covered, etc. I did not receive anything, so I called the condo association several times. I did not get a response, so I sent several emails as well. I still did not receive a response from the condo association.

In February of 2010 a new condo association took over and I did receive a past due bill and current charges for my condo fees. I have paid on-time every month since the new condo association took over. However, they apply a late fee every month for my past due balance even though I make my payments on-time. I could not locate this action in the condo bi-laws and they have not been able to let me know how this is legal, just that the condo association board memebers decided to take this action to get all the homeowner's caught up on the their fees. Is this legal?

Since I did not receive a bill until February of 2010 and have paid condo dues on-time every month since then can the condo association foreclose on my home because I have a past due balance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">